- 7 defenders and 6 offensive players (teams can use a center). If in shotgun teams may use an extra player to snap.
- All players must wear a helmet.
- Each possession starts on the 40 yd. line - going in.
- First downs are made by crossing the 25-yard line and the 10-yard line.
- 3 downs to make a first down, even inside the 10 yd. line.
- PAT snaps are at the 5 yd. line, offensive choice of hash. NO 2 POINT CONVERSIONS ALLOWED IN POOL PLAY. 2 point conversions will be from the 10 yd. line with choice of hash, only allowed in tournament play (if chosen).
- 4 seconds to get pass off; tournament staff will keep time. It will be loss of down and treated as a sack if not thrown in time.
*NOTE: ALL PASSES MUST ADVANCE BEYOND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE OR PLAY WILL BE TREATED AS A SACK.
- The 4-second clock starts on snap of ball and timer will hold their hand up to notify when time is up. They will notify sack until after the play is dead.
- Possession changes after PAT attempt, failure to make a first down, or turnover.
- Games are 21 minutes long. The clock runs continuous during the 1st 20 minutes and stops according to federation rules during the final 1:00. THERE WILL BE NO OVERTIME IN POOL PLAY. The clock will stop on a sack during the last 1:00 of tournament play.
- Overtime in tournament play consists of 3 plays from the 10 yd. line. Each team has an attempt to score in each overtime period. Starting with the 3rd and subsequent overtimes, all PAT’s must be 2-point attempts from the 10 yd. line. Overtime periods are not timed.
- All offensive formations must be legal sets.
- 25 seconds to get the play off.
- One hand-touch anywhere.
- No running plays allowed.
- No double passes or shuffle passes.
- No coaches on the field, coach from the sidelines.
- Touchdown - 6 points
- Interception - 3 Points (no points for INT on PAT) IN the event an INT is thrown on a sack the defense is awarded the points for INT.
- Turnover on downs - 2 points
- PAT - 1 point (may opt for 2 in OT)
- Defensive pass interference = Automatic first down and 5 yards from original line of scrimmage
- Offense pass interference = Previous spot and loss of down
- Defensive holding = Automatic first down and 5 yards from original line of scrimmage
- Illegal procedure (offense) = Loss of down
- Defensive off-sides = 5 yd. penalty
- Delay of game = Loss of down
- Fighting/Unsportsmanlike conduct (INDIVIDUAL PLAYER)
~1st Offense = ejection from game
~2nd Offense = ejection from tournament
- Fighting/Unsportsmanlike conduct (TEAM)
~If ANY player leaves the sideline to participate in an on-field fight, the ENTIRE TEAM WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE TOURNAMENT.
- Personal Foul
~Offense = loss of down and 5 yds. from original line of scrimmage
~Defense = 1st down and 5 yds. from original line of scrimmage
- In the event there is a defensive holding and a sack on the same play, the defense will be penalized according to the above and the sack will be ignored.
Seeding, Tournament and Tie-Breakers
- Team will be broken in to 4 pools of 8 teams each.
- Teams will be seeded 1 thru 32 for the tournament according to overall records from pool play.
- Records which are tied after pool play will be broken as follows:
1. Head-to Head
2. Overall fewest points allowed
3. Most points scored overall
4. Flip a coin
- Tournament is double elimination