County 4-H Clubs Reorganizing
The Franklin County 4-H clubs are reorganizing and seeking new members. The purpose of these clubs is to give youth ages 5-19 an opportunity to participate in the
youth development educational program of the University of the Arkansas Cooperative
Extension Service. Youth in 4-H clubs will learn life skills, enhance leadership skills,
and increase self-esteem while serving in a number of community service projects.
Youth in 4-H clubs have an opportunity to compete in a number of competitive activities,
attend camps and earn scholarships for education. The following is a list of the Franklin
County 4-H clubs, where and when they meet:
- River Valley 4-H Club and Cloverbud Club meets the fourth Tuesday of each
month at 3:45 p.m. at the Cooperative Extension Service Meeting Room in Ozark.
- Mountaineers 4-H Club meets the second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at
the Barnes Rural Fire Department in Ozark.
- County Line 4-H Club meets the second Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at
the Ratcliff Fire Station.
- Rancho Round-Up 4-H Club and Cloverbud Club meets the second Monday of
each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Catholic Church Hall in Charleston.
- Teen Leaders 4-H Club meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at
the Cooperative Extension Service Meeting Room in Ozark.
- Shooting Sports Project Club - Call the Cooperative Extension office at 479-667-
- Oak Bend 4-H Club – Call the Cooperative Extension office at 479-667-3720 for
meeting dates & times.
Unit membership in these clubs and their program benefits are available to all
youth between the ages of 5 and 19 regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, religion, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic
information, or any other legally protected status, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal
For more information about meetings, 4-H club membership or program benefits,
contact either of the Franklin County Cooperative Extension offices located at 300
Airport Road in Ozark 479-667-3720 or Courthouse in Charleston 479-965-2272.